Board-Certified Pediatric Dentist
Dr. Lisa M. Cherry was born in Wisconsin and moved to Greenville to be near family. She met her husband, Dr. Brian Cherry, during her pediatric dental residency in Boston, Massachusetts. The couple married in 2007 and moved to Columbia to begin their careers in pediatric dentistry and oral surgery.
The couple has been blessed with two children, Elizabeth and Conner. Dr. Cherry loves to be a “mommy.” Motherhood has enriched her life both personally and professionally. She enjoys playing in the park with her children, reading them bedtime stories, and — best of all — learning about everyday life through her children’s eyes.
In addition to enjoying life here in Greenville, Dr. Cherry likes traveling to Wisconsin, Boston, and Charleston to spend time with family and friends. She feels very fortunate to have so many wonderful people in her life, especially Brian: her loving husband, best friend, partner, and devoted father to their children.
Education, Experience, and Professional Information
- Bachelor of Science in biology – University of Eau Claire
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Marquette University
- Advanced education in general dentistry residency – St. John’s Mercy Medical Center, St. Louis
- Pediatric dentistry residency – Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston University
Dr. Cherry realized her passion for children’s dentistry during her first year of general practice. This led her to pursue an opportunity at the Champaign Urbana Public Health District, for which she served as the director of dental health and as a practicing dentist for children in the community.
Recognizing the limitations of this position, Dr. Cherry chose to continue her education and training in pediatric dentistry at Boston University’s Goldman School of Dental Medicine in Boston.
Dr. Cherry is a board-certified pediatric dentist. She is also an active member of the:
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- South Carolina Pediatric Dental Association
- College of Diplomates, American Dental Association
- South Carolina Dental Association